Employment and Skills Strategy 2016 - 2030
Our refreshed Employment and Skills Strategy for Cornwall and Isles of Scilly (CIoS) for the period 2016 to 2030 has now been completed. It includes an apprenticeship strategy which is embedded within the main text, it is fully aligned with Cornwall’s Devolution Deal.
* Click on the icons to read.
Our refreshed vision for 2030 is:
“For Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to have a healthy, skilled and productive workforce with access to rewarding jobs, clear progression pathways and opportunities for all.”
To achieve this, the LEP’s mission will be to:
“To provide strategic leadership that synchronises supply and demand for employment and skills resulting in transformational change for current and future generations.”
Our actions will be guided by the following values:
- Being proud of and ambitious for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Establishing inclusive, engaging and empowering leadership providing clear direction
- Behaving with honesty, respect and having trust in each other
- Being open-minded to exploring ideas and new ways of working
- Being outward facing, connected to each other and the world
- Providing equality of opportunity for all our people and businesses, including those in the most remote areas
- Being focused on actions and outcomes
Activities will be co-ordinated under four Strategic Objectives, each containing particular areas of focus that reflect local priorities. Outcomes against targets will be formally reviewed and reported on by the ESB on an annual basis and an external review will be undertaken every 3-5 years. This Strategy should be seen as a living document that is reviewed and updated in response to emerging opportunities and changes within the employment and skills landscape over time.
Last updated: 2016